"A sensory dream come true" our calming swing (also known as a "cuddle" swing) is quite possibly the most important sensory tool in the house for our two girls.
The use of a stretchy nylon swing is ideal for children with Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing Conditions, anxiety or low muscle tone. It's most commonly used as a calming tool for children that need more deep pressure and movement input than others. It can also be used as an alerting tool, and encourages exercise and movement. As children climb in, stretch out and move around inside the swing, they develop body awareness, balance, motor planning and spatial skills.
Compared to other swings, the stretchy, heavy-duty fabric provides a sensory and visual retreat as it wraps around, whilst providing sensory pressure all over. It's a fun, private space where a child can either sit or bounce down to bounce, swing, spin or just stay motionless while enjoying the pressure.
The smooth and strong nylon fabric that is a bit stretchy - similar to lycra. The hanging length is adjustable and the swing can be hung from one or two hanging points.
We especially like these sensory swings because of their versatility.
Here are a few other reasons:
- Encourages full body flexion
- Allows for prone extension and various body positions in the swing
- Deep pressure touch and proprioceptive input the entire time the child is in the swing
- Can serve as as a sensory retreat
- The texture of the swing is tolerated well and often very soothing
- And of course vestibular (movement) input as they swing!
- What's Included: Blue Nylon Swing Wrap & Two Carabiners
- Smooth and Strong Nylon Fabric
- Capacity: 100kg
- Hanging Length: Adjustable
- Can be hung from 1 or 2 hanging points
450cm x 250cm - large enough for a child, an adult, or a child and adult at the same time, and allows a child to lie fully outstretched in the swing which feels absolutely wonderful (speaking from experience)